District Nurses & Community Nurses
Our District Nurses and Community Nurses are branches of the nursing profession offering healthcare services to housebound patients who cannot attend the surgery but need nursing care and for whom admission to hospital is not necessary or desirable. This help may include:
- Visits from members of the nursing team to give skilled care or specialist treatments.
- Information about and/or referrals to other community services.
- Support if you are caring for another family member.
- Teaching you or a relative ways in which you can lead as independent a life as possible.
- Confidential advice about nursing matters.
- 24 hour access to the nursing service
Contact with the District Nurses is via the GP or Practice Nurse.
Our health visitors are fully qualified nurses with special training in family health. They offer advice, a home visiting service and hold a weekly baby clinic on a Wednesday morning.Health Visitors may be contacted on 01895 823956.
Our community midwife provides full maternity care for our patients in conjunction with the doctors. She also runs antenatal clinics. She may be contacted via the Hillingdon Hospital switchboard on 01895 238282.